Friday, November 7, 2014

By the way, I'm fat...

For some reason, people have an issue with getting healing and life balance advice from a fat person. Well, it's a journey and we all have to discover things in our own, right time.  I've been fat forever, always looking for the perfect (there's that word again) "eating program" to quote my mom.  Spent too many years obsessing, counting every calorie, failing, feeling bad - start cycle again.  Then I discovered Health At Every Size® . I finally realized my body was doing exactly what it was supposed to do - when you eat more than you need, it grows adipose tissue.  When you have a genetic history of metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and diabetes in your family, you will never be a size 2, but you CAN be very fit, healthy and balanced.  It just took me a while (50 years) to get it together.

Last November, I discovered 5:2 Intermittent Fasting and it kind of pulled together all the things I've been working on for decades.  I have finally started losing fat, practicing a much healthier life style and feel a lot better. I now have the energy to share this part of my journey with you through P3.  I stay PRESENT and mindful while I PRACTICE my HAES® philosophy and note my (very SLOW) PROGRESS through a forum called FastDay .  I have learned so much about myself over the past year through just fasting two or three days a week, having a 500 calorie dinner on those days and eating to my TDEE the other 4-5 days a week.  If you haven't seen the documentary "Eat, Fast & Live Longer" by BBC Horizon with medical correspondent Dr. Michael Mosley, check it out - changed my life.  


So, I know how hard it is to stick to anything. I know biology is always trying to outsmart you and now, I know there is a very slow, but effective & sustainable way to get and keep my health a priority without it being an obsession. Now, that's PROGRESS.

No comments: