Friday, November 7, 2014

Reflect & Connect (aka Women need Goddess Circles)...

When I was growing up, I was fortunate to be raised in a close and loving family with lots of relatives, visits, holidays and church.  I am one of the few people I know who had a good Catholic education all the way through. My all-girls high school isn't there anymore, but it was my first in-depth exposure to feminism, the feminine divine and contemplation and meditation practices. Yes, it was Catholic - there is a huge contemplative movement and many female mystics through the history of the church that seem to get overlooked when people think of spiritual practices.  There is a reason all cultures have some type of contemplative and reflective practices - it connects us to each other and to our Creator.

I think one of the biggest holes in our amazing, modern society is connection. I know, there's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Blogger ;) etc. etc. I get it, but it's not giving us the ancient practice of conversation, discussion and connection. 

I am an Usui/Tibetan and Karuna Reiki Master Teacher. In my search for stress management and ways to deal with a lot of anger and hurt from my past life (note: I did NOT say liveS), I discovered this wonderful, complementary healing practice that is the center of my mindfulness and health practices.

Through this practice, I have met the most amazing women, and men, who have brought back the deep conversations and gatherings I needed to find. We call one of these gatherings a "goddess circle" because we realize our connection to the feminine divine is also our connection to each other and to the Great Divine. The other group I am blessed and grateful to be affiliated with is The Reiki Share Project , who share Reiki with cancer patients, caregivers, first responders and others who need to learn Level 1 Reiki.

Just today, while leaving work, I ran into some co-workers and the course of our conversation (very synchronistically) went to Goddess circles, Reiki and the need for support and loving friendship all women need. I think I freaked a couple of them out, I don't talk much about this side of my life, but there was recognition and agreement from others that this is an important missing component of our age. Spiritual practices, natural healing and gatherings with story and sharing are what we need to grow peace in the world - and in ourselves. So it emphasized to me once again that we need to reflect, connect and cherish all our opportunities to help each other and get some more Goddess Circles going! You are amazing, let's share that energy. Pax.

No comments: