Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pre-Christmas & Winter holiday practices...

Good day to you! For me, Advent is a time of quiet reflection and waiting. I used to get caught up in the holiday crazies, but finally decided it just wasn't worth it.  So I found some great resources to keep me grounded and centered, learned about other cultures winter rituals and traditions and am pretty much able to stay present and keep my perspective.  I admit is was significantly more difficult when my kids were little, but now I have the luxury of having more time to myself without all the fundraisers and bake sales and competitions and commitments. I wouldn't give up that time in my life for anything, it was wonderful and fun and my kids are amazing people. I do wish I had stayed present for more of it and included some of the mindfulness practices I now use daily, but you know what "they" say about hindsight - while I don't usually listen to them, this time they have a point!

So, I'm sharing a couple of links that I just love for your December, hope you enjoy them and take time to breathe and dream every day - even just for two minutes! Pax.

Vinita Hampton Wright - Days of Deepening Friendship

Another one of my favorites:
Advent in 2 minutes from Busted Halo 

And, in honor of those with other traditions:
mindful.org
Thich Nhat Hanh column 
Interfaith Voices podcast on the season of darkness 

Know that I think of you and send blessings and peace every time I see holiday lights of every kind!